Keystone Policy Center is currently accepting applications for the following position: Director, Center for Education
Job Title: Director of the Center for Education
Reports To: Vice President, Programs
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Required to be based in Colorado with offices in Denver or Keystone. Position has flexibility with in-office/hybrid/remote options.
The Director of the Center for Education is considered an expert in the field and expected to develop a vision and goals for the Center that supports the mission of the Keystone Policy Center. They are expected to develop and lead collaborative projects and programs as part of the Center, often involving multi-stakeholder engagement processes around complex issues. They will also be responsible for mentoring and managing 4-6 staff within the Center. Keystone
is a team based organization that values collaborative leadership and the Center director will have a crucial role in fostering this environment both within the Center and across the broader Keystone team.
Other expectations include leading a vision and strategy for the center, including near-term and long-term program and project growth. The Director is expected to work with staff to maintain high standards for work on projects and programs within the Center and be responsible for client and funder management within the Education Program. The Center Director works with Center staff to develop individual growth plans. Center Directors are expected to meet and track financial goals and are expected to develop new project work and fundraise for their Center. The Director will represent Keystone externally at conferences, with press and at other events. Directors serve with other Center Directors and the President and Vice Presidents on a collaborative Senior Leadership Team.
- 15+ years experience in the field of education, education policy, or other relevant substantive experience
- Leading or being in a leadership role of a non-profit organization or government agency
- Deep understanding of and expertise in Colorado’s education policy, politics, and systems
- Developing and managing budget and accountability systems
- Fundraising and client management
- Entrepreneurial program and project development
- Managing complex multi-stakeholder processes and/or proven ability to be viewed as a trusted broker
- Issue management and/or policy development
- Proven ability to build and maintain networks
- Familiarity with national education ecosystems preferred
Proven ability to:
- Synthesize and communicate complex or diverse information
- Communicate effectively to diverse audiences, including community members, policy makers and senior level decision makers
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Develop alternative and innovative solutions
- Display original thinking and creativity
- Exhibit objectivity and openness to others views
- Manage multiple work streams at once
- Contribute to building a positive team environment
This position will require 10-20% domestic travel throughout the year.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ADA SPECIFICATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is a largely sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary range for the Director for the Center for Education position is $120,000 to $135,000. Salary determination depends on relevant experience. Keystone Policy Center offers a full suite of benefits including generous sick and vacation leave, as well as health and dental benefits, and a 401k matching program.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
The Keystone Policy Center and Engage are equal opportunity employers. The Keystone Policy Center and Engage prohibit discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sickle cell trait, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Keystone Policy Center is committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement throughout the Keystone Policy Center. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are connected to our mission and critical to ensure the well-being of our staff and the groups we serve.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA) AND AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT AMENTMENTS ACT (ADAAA)
The Keystone Policy Center and Engage are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities, which includes providing reasonable accommodations where appropriate.
Please submit your application to Sue Wilcox at email@example.com. We will be taking applications until the position is filled.
1. Cover Letter
3. References – Please provide at least two references from current or former employers, faculty members degree granting institution(s), or others who can speak to your professional qualifications for this position. Keystone will not accept personal references.