Business and Administrative Associate
Classification: 100% time, Exempt
Reports to: Vice President of Business and Administration
Compensation and Benefits: $43,000 – $47,000, depending on experience, in addition to a full suite of benefits
Office Location: Denver or Keystone, Colorado
Date: May 10, 2022
Summary: Keystone Policy Center (KPC) is a mission-driven nonprofit organization that has been helping public, private, and civic sector leaders solve complex problems and advance good public policy since 1975. We rely on our independence, our commitment to good science, and our skills in designing and leading consensus-building processes to establish new partnerships, reduce conflict, and produce policy agreements. Keystone’s home office is in Keystone, Colorado with additional offices in Denver and Washington, DC.
This is a full-time, year-round position responsible for supporting day-to-day accounting functions and supporting logistical needs of the Policy Program.
A successful candidate will be a detail-oriented individual with strong administrative skills. Also preferred is someone who is a self-starter comfortable working both independently and as a member of a team.
• Work with Keystone’s accounting firm on processing daily and monthly financial entries
• Monitor accounts receivable including working to collect on past due invoices
• Process and send monthly invoices to clients
• Gather, review, and process vendor invoices
• Review and process employee expense reports
• Answer financial related inquiries from vendors, clients and employees
• Manage and record cash receipts
• Assist with contractual and grant agreements to ensure proper accounting of funds and expenditures
• Work with project teams to support administrative and logistical needs of various projects.
• Arrange for meeting space, catering, and travel for projects.
• Communicate with project participants regarding scheduling, meeting information, and other necessary information in support of preparation and follow-up to meetings.
• Other business-related duties as assigned.
Requirements for the position:
• Strong attention to detail with high standards for quality of work
• Data entry and word processing experience
• Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Strong notetaking skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook, with the ability to quickly learn other applications
• Ability to multitask and switch gears quickly, without hesitation or frustration, and remain professional
• Ability to create a positive environment and work collaboratively with other team members
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
Benefits: Keystone offers the following benefits to full-time employees:
• Health, dental, vision and other ancillary insurance offerings
• 401(K) plan
• Paid vacation
• Paid sick leave
• 10 paid holidays
This is largely a sedentary role; however, light physical activity may be required to fulfill job duties.
Position type and expectations:
This is a full-time position. Keystone office hours are generally Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Some travel will be expected for this position.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at The Keystone Center will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The Keystone Center is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, national origin, disability, age or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as “protected status”).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please provide a full resume, cover letter, and two professional references to Sue Wilcox at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 27, 2022.